On Facebook, the library has 128 fans and on Myspace, the library has 13 friends.
How did they differ? I thought that myspace is a little easier to work while facebook is like the nicer version of myspace. But I have a very strong opinion of not putting myself on the internet, I think that sometimes it is unsafe to put all your information out there so that any person can see it. I will not be making a myspace or a facebook for myself.
Did one appeal to you more? No.
Why do you think social networking appeals to such a broad group of people and how do you think the Library can tap into that potential? Social networking appeals to such a broad range of people because impersonal and its something you can do when you are wasting time. I think that a lot of the teens that use these sites are trying to keep in touch with friends and such, which I guess I can see the enjoyment, but I still feel its a bit dangerous. I think that the library can possibly tap into this potential by keeping up with the times.
Wednesday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment